Monday, June 15, 2009

9 Months Old



Sloan is 9 months old (well two weeks ago...what can I say, it has been a little crazy around here). I can't believe she is nine months. The ironic thing is the nine months I was pregnant crept by at snail pace, but the first nine months of Sloan's life flew! I sure wish pregnancy would go that way, maybe then I would be more excited to be pregnant again. Below are some cute pics and stats for Sloan at nine months.

20.2 pounds - 75% percentile
29 inches - 90% percentile
Head 18 inches - 75% percentile

Favorite Things:

Sloan's most favorite thing in the world is watching signing time. I mean it doesn't matter what is going on or how happy or sad she is, the second she hears "It's signing time with Alex and Leah" the world literally stops. Sloan is really busy all the time, but she will watch 30 min of signing time cuddled in your arms without making a movement. I don't use Signing Time as a babysitting tool, I use it as a cuddling tool. I try not to watch them with her too much, but man I just love the snuggle time!

Sloan is has become an expert crawler and she can get from one side of the room to another in not time. We have definitely waved good bye to the easy days of one room entertainment.

Although she will pull herself up in her crib, she doesn't try to pull herself up on anything else. She is REALLY cautious with everything and doesn't want to do anything unless she knows it is safe. Hopefully that will continue throughout her teenage years!

Sloan loves to drink cold water. Not sure what it is, but she is obsessed with it.

She is a good eater, but doesn't love baby food. She loves table food though, and I think she may turn into a piece of watermelon. She can't get enough of it.

Sloan is such a girl. She loves anything girly! She will watch me get ready in the morning like she wants to retain every detail so she can do it herself one day. Grandma Sally gave her a big necklace the other day and she put it right around her neck like she has always known just what to do with one.

She waves me good by every morning when I leave and loves to give high fives.

She is still the biggest ham I have ever met and loves to get her picture taken. The second she sees the camera come out she totally poses and turns on her smiles.

In the last few weeks Sloan has really started to show her personality. She is very strong willed and won't give up until she gets whatever she is after. She is a little dramatic but so sweet all the time. She isn't afraid to voice when she wants something. She jabbers all day long and loves to sing and hear her own voice. She laughs at herself in the mirror and loves to give herself mirror kisses. Mostly Sloan is so sweet and loving and she makes never fails to make me belly laugh at least two times a day. I love you so much Sloan and I can't wait to see what you're doing in 9 more months.



Putting on Grandma's necklace.



This is how we watch Signing Time.



This is what Sloan does the second a camera comes out.



I love you so much sweet girl!!!

3 comments:

Shalice said...

Man I want to kiss those cheeks! She is such a cheese ball.

Just wait - the next nine months will go faster than the first!

Shaundee said...

You better be pregnant right now. You have the yummiest babies ever...there must be more and fast!!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Shar first of all, you look great! second, she is so dang cute, I cant believe nine months, are you reminding her everyday that laila and her are best friends. It is funny it seems like they have similar personalities, lais is for sure dramatic, but always so sweet, anyway thank you for talking to me about everything yesterday, and I am sorry i did not call you back, i want to talk about it all, what about sunday? i will call you then, love ya!