Tuesday, March 24, 2009

6 Months Old





I can't believe Sloan is 6 months old. That is half a year!!! I mean that is such a long time. It is weird, it seems like just yesterday that Sloan was born, an adorable little blob that I had no clue how to take care of. At the same time I can't remember life without her. I feel like she has been around for years. I think maybe I feel this way not because I don't remember life without her, but because I love her so incredibly much that I can't imagine life without her.

So here are some stats and milestones for Sloan at 6 months:

Weight: 15 pounds 15 ounces
Height: 26 inches
Favorite Thing to Do: Look at herself in the mirror (She thinks she is hilarious)
Least Favorite Thing to Do: Eat Veggies
Newest Skill: Almost mastered the art of sitting
Other Skills: She is a proficient roller and rolls everywhere she wants to go
Favorite Toy: Exersaucer
Favorite Song: Popcorn
Misc: She can grasp, pick up and hold everything. She feeds herself her own bottle. She is still the happiest most smiley baby ever!

Sloan Eats

So we finally started to give Sloan food. I waited until the last dire moment because I am not ready to be done nursing and I didn't want solids to affect Sloan's desire for nursing. We started Sloan on rice cereal about a week ago and then veggies on Sunday. Sloan likes the cereal, but the veggies...that is a whole other story. Let's just say that the first few spoonfuls resulted in a shiver face, followed shortly by dry heaves. The funniest part of the story is that it didn't stop with the dry heaves. So if anyone knows my husband they know he is kind of a picky eater. In fact when he was younger his mom used to make him eat certain veggies that he didn't want to eat. So what would he do? He would eat them and then puke...just to show his mom he really didn't want them. Well guess what, today Sarah tried to feed Sloan some peas and she didn't only dry heave, she puked...actually puked. So if anyone was wondering, she must be her fathers daughter!

Here are some pics from Sloan's first food.



Well first, like I said Sloan is proficient at feeding herself her own bottles. The other day she was in the middle of eating and it must have just been far too tiring because she fell fast asleep. Bottle in hand and milk dripping down the side of her mouth. I had to throw this one in there.

Rice cereal....GOOD







Green Peas...not so much!!!



8 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, Sloan's soo cute. Isn't it great to watch their expressions when they're trying new foods? It's priceless! I also love Edward's lullaby on your playlist. Did you buy Twilight? I've watched it twice since I've bought it!

Shalice said...

She is getting so big!! Hilarious that she actually puked! I didn't know Lee used to do that! You better watch out....that is a bad habit to form.

Love her "pea rejection" face....I miss her...give her a huge kiss!

Brooke said...

Wow, good eye Shar (noticing the jeans)! Sheez! I am newcomer to the brand and I'm positively in love. They are the Joey Super T's. :) Sloan is precious, I would love to take her pictures! How is the weather there? I heard on the news today of bad weather out that way.

Shaundee said...

That last picture is the best...of her rejecting the peas! Get used to that cute "rejection face" for the later years! When are you coming home again? Just thought I would keep bugging you.

BreAnn Clark said...

lol she is so cute and isn't it so sad when thier poops have changed because of food! they grow up so fast!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

She is a doll! shar so big, look at those long legs, so why doesnt she like peas? does mom not love peas?

Brooke said...

Boy shar, she is always dressed to the nines. She is so precious. That face of hers- perfect. It's strange for me as well that she is 6 months!

Brooke said...

I'm a dork.. i commented twice.