Friday, December 5, 2008

Doctor's Orders

So Sloan got her first taste at being sick. Last night she woke up at about 10:30pm with the snottiest nose ever. She could barely breath and it was draining into her throat and making her gag and gasp for air. It was really scary! She did this all night about every hour, so needless to say neither of us got any sleep. Even when she was sleeping I was awake straining to hear every little breath to make sure she was still breathing. I called my Charlotte pediatrician in the morning and she told me to try and get in to see a pediatrician here. I made an appointment with my sisters pediatrician...we will refer to him as Dr. McHottie (no wonder you take your kids to him Shauns :) ). McHottie tested Sloan's oxygen levels and they were fine. This was my biggest concern so I was happy to hear it was all okay. Mostly she just has a bad case of post nasal drip and I have to shoot saline up her nose every few hours which she hates and makes me feel like a bad mother.
The funny part of this story is that while Dr. McHottie was checking Sloan's ears he said "Your daughter has beautiful ear canals." Apparently most babies have small, awkward ear canals, but not my little overachiever. I know most mom's are biased and think their children are the best at everything, but this very unbiased doctor told me my daughter's ear canals were exceptional. In fact he said "now you can go home and blog about it," so that is what I am doing, just following doctor's orders. So here's to something any mom would be proud to say...my daughter has beautiful ear canals!!!

2 comments:

Shalice said...

Hey, you left out the part where you called and woke me up in the morning....:)

Her ear canals just go along with the rest of her beautifulness (is that a word?)!

I am loving every minute I get to snuggle that girl!

Shaundee said...

Dido Shalice's comment...and by the way the Dr.'s office is not alway Mc Hottie...just you were so lucky. And for sure I am going to ask my Dr. the next time I am in with Seth....on a scale of 1-10 how beautiful are my son's ear canals? Love her!