Sunday, June 22, 2008

San Diego 2008

So we just got home from our yearly San Diego trip with Lee's family. I really wonder why it is that vacations go by so fast when work weeks go by so slow! It felt like we were there for 2 days even though we were really there for 7. Lee's parents rent a really nice beach house right on the Boardwalk of Mission Beach. Last year I was a little skeptical of how much fun this would really be, but I was very surprised. This year I went in with a much better attitude and again it was a great week. Traveling from Charlotte to San Diego is no small jaunt, especially when you are 28 weeks pregnant and already very uncomfortable all the time. It is crazy to think we could have flown to Europe in about the same time it takes to fly to San Diego. Once we were there it was a lot of fun. Usually we go over the 4th of July so the weather is a little nicer and there is more going on. However this year we had to go a few weeks early so the weather wasn't quite as warm and sunny. It was definitely a well needed break from the 99 degree 150% humidity we have been experiencing in Charlotte lately! Most of the days consisted of relaxing on the beach and just hanging out. Lee and I really tried to keep sleeping like we were in Charlotte's time zone, a 3 hour time difference may not sound like much, but it is a killer when you get back home! Other than that we did a lot of shopping (more for Lee than myself...it just isn't the same trying on clothes when you are 7 months pregnant and really retaining water!). We also went to Sea World which was really fun. I haven't been since Shalice was pregnant with Kason, so that was like 11 years ago. I will say I do have problems with Sea World and the fact that these animals are kept captive and forced to preform 3-5 times a day. However once I got past that it was really awesome. The shows were amazing, the fact that they can train pretty much any animal to do really cool tricks baffles me. I can't even teach my dog how to not bark at the neighbors! Another thing that was really great was digging a whole in the sand on the beach so that I could pretend for 10 min that I could lay like a normal person (it was very exciting). All in all it was a great week and I was sad to come back to reality. Below are the top 10 things I want to always remember about our trip!

Top 10 Things About San Diego
(In no particular order)

1. Needing to wear a sweatshirt when the sun went down.

2. Eating ice cream at Mr. Frosties pretty much every night.

3. Lee catching a really huge fish within the first 30 seconds of his deep sea fishing adventure.

4. Seaworld!



5. Being with Lee's entire family at one time.


6. The beach and the sun (I don't need anything more than that really).

7. Coming home with about 4 new giant stuffed animals and a bright red elmo hat...this is what Seaworld carnival games and $50 can get you too (but as long as you had fun babe, that's what counts)!

8. Sharing pregnancy stories with my niece that is about a month further along than I am. Oh, and surprising Lee's family with the fact that I was 7 months pregnant (since no one but his parents knew).


9. Sunset walks on the beach and boardwalk.

10. Spending uninterrupted, relaxing, quality, no-work time with my husband.

And here is a picture of my belly at 28 weeks for those who would like to see it. Bathing suits while pregnant are pretty unforgiving!

6 comments:

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

SHARIELLE!!! Oh I'm so glad you have a blog. I got my invite to your baby shower for next week and I will definately be there. Even though the invitation said Tami Robbins... hahaha. I can't believe we are having babies together! I am due September 27th. So are little ones will be the same age. So fun! You look so cute! I can't wait to see you in person!

Catherine said...

HI!!!!!! I just found your blog off Jinger's. Yay!!! Congratulations on the baby! That is so exciting! You look darling pregnant. I think tall girls always look so beautiful with a cute belly!
I'm glad we can keep in touch now.
Much Love to you and the Belly!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Sharielle...I just found you blog, it has been a long time. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. You look absolutely beautiful pregnant! Good luck with the last little bit, its worth it (even though the last week you start to wonder!)

NatBug said...

Hey Sharielle, I just found your blog. CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!! What are you guys having? Hope everything goes well for you. I think that you look great in your swimmming suit and your prego belly.

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Shar, Finally put your belly on the blog! Sounds like a marvelous trip and give props to Lee, that is a monster fish. Shar you look stellar and I am so excited for you. Wish we were close, good luck with this last bit.... then call me and let me know how many epidurals I will need! You know Im a woss. love ya

Mom and Sarah said...

Hi Lee and Sharielle,
Was just in AZ at Mark's and Janet showed Sally and us all your blog. You guys look like you're doing great...congrats on your upcoming addition. Check out our blog at momandsarahbear.blogspot.com. It will be fun to keep up with you. Hang in there...she'll be here before you know it! Aunt Lisa