Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

So I have learned that as you get older, birthdays are much less fun than they used to be. When I was little I looked forward to my birthday all year. My parents always made birthdays such a big deal. They made you feel so special all day, and they always surprised you with good presents. You would go to school and everyone would know it was your birthday and you would always have plans to get together with your friends to celebrate. Well 26 years later I am an adult that gets to spend my birthday at work where no one even says "hope you have a great day." My family and friends all remember and usually give me a call, so that is nice...but it's just not quite the same. So needless to say I had quite an uneventful 26th birthday.

Lee and I did plan a nice dinner out however, not much longer we will be able to do that without getting a babysitter. We went to this really nice restaurant in Southpark called Oceanair. They have amazing seafood. The best part is Lee ordered king crab legs and they were actual crabs from one of the boats on that Discovery Channel show "The Deadliest Catch." Of course they were a little pricey, but sooooooooo good. Probably the most amazing crab I have ever had. The chunks of meat you pulled out were the size of my wrist. I know you aren't technically supposed to eat shellfish when you are pregnant, but I decided I could splurge a little just once. It was delicious! I captured the moment just for this blog, nothing like a grown man in a bib! Needless to say it was a very fun night. So here's to being another year older & 6 month pregnant...gotta love it!


5 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Sharielle! What's so ironic is that we were watching Deadliest Catch tonight and wondering about the crabs. Anyway, hope you had a fantastic bday... but I agree with you, not as exciting as when were little and you looked forward to your birthday all year long. By the way, you look adorable pregnant.

Shalice said...

It would probably be a better day if your sister actually remembered to call!! Seriously!

Those crab legs look so good! And I like the bib Lee

Shalice said...

BTW, your belly isn't very big. Must be all that tallness you have!

Jessica June said...

Shar- I am so glad that you are joining the blogging world! Watch out, it's addicting!! (I've been a slacker lately- )
Happy late birthday!! Your right, birthdays aren't the same as they used to be!! But always an excuse to get out with our hubbies!
Your belly is so dang cute!! Keep in touch!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Shar, i wish birthdays were more exciting for you!!! Darn it, oh well, you both look fantastic and 89 days, wow!!! Exciting! Im glad that we are having babies close to eachother. oh and I need you address, email me! love ya kiks