Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Break Through!

So it may just be a fluke, but Sloan has been taking naps in her crib for the last three days. She has been sleeping in her crib at night since she was about 4 weeks old, but for some reason she won't sleep anywhere but in your arms during the day. When we tried to put her down she would immediately wake up no matter how long she had been asleep. I am not sure how long this will last, in fact I probably just jinxed myself and she will stop doing it. None the less I am super stoked about this new development. It makes a world of difference to have a few moments of time during the day to be able to shower and get a few things accomplished!
I am so excited that am I going home soon. I wasn't leaving until the 6th of Dec, but my loving husband decided we might as well go to Utah for Thanksgiving too. Now I am leaving on the 23rd and will be in Utah through the holidays. I am sooooooo excited to see my fam and especially my sisters and their kids. I am a bit hesitant though, there is a two hour time change between North Carolina and Utah. I am not sure how Sloan is going to handle this. A few weeks ago when we had daylight savings it did a number on her. She doesn't really have a schedule yet, but even still it was really hard for her. Now I know I can get her on Utah time after I am there for a few days, but when we get back to Charlotte I have to go back to work and won't be around to help her get back to her regular routine. I don't want her to have to adjust back to NC time and have me gone all at the same time, I am afraid she will be traumatized. Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can make this transition a smooth and non painful one?
Yesterday we had our first professional picture session with Sloan. I have been meaning to get pictures of her to make announcements to send out, but with getting sick so many times as well as the stress of figuring out how to be a mom I have slacked. Finally I decided we needed to stop procrastinating, so we got an appointment with a lady in our ward that is a photographer. It was a very unique experience to try and get a good picture with a newborn, but I think we got some good ones. Hopefully I will have an announcement to send out to all of you soon!
I know I post a million pictures of Sloan, but I just love this girl so much I have to document every amazing moment. So for those of you who aren't completely sick of seeing the same thing over and over, here are some more pictures.


Sloan is usually swaddled when she sleeps, but when I don't swaddle her she just totally sprawls out...I love it!


Totally sitting on the couch like an adult!

This is the evolution of Sloan waking up in the morning...

I have to document this because it is so cute!

Asleep in our bed...we cuddle after her morning feeding.


She's awake

So happy to see us that she just smiles away! She even ignores the fact that she is hungry and probably has a poopy diaper!

4 comments:

BreAnn Clark said...

wow you are way ahead of me. Carson is 2 months and was sleeping with me so I bought a swing last week and he sleeps in that now. If i put him down in the crib he jumps out of his skin and screams! And wont stop! today I have held all morning tell 1:00 and he is in the swing now. so good on ya for getting her in her crib!

Shalice said...

Yipee! I love breakthroughs!

I am not sure about the time change thing....I think she will eventually adjust. It always seems to take my kids about a week to figure it out!

Sloan looks just like you...I can't get over it! She is so sweet, I am counting down the days to be able to squeeze her!

Linzz said...

Sharielle Sloan is so cute. I wish I could come visit you guys. Sounds like things are going well. Are you going to be in utah for any of the holidays?

Shaundee said...

get here right now!!! I need to mooch that little girl! The pictures of her waking up are the best. I mean what little girl wouldn't be that happy waking up in a castle of pillows on her mommies bed. Can't wait to see her and love on her.