Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy 30th Lee



It is official, Lee is 30 years old. I can't believe he isn't in his twenties anymore. I think I am having a harder time coming to grips with it than Lee is. It's just the thought of not being able to say "I am twenty____" that really freaks me out. I am just glad I have three years and one month (don't forget that month) before I have to come to grips with this myself!

I planned to do a big surprise party for him, but then realized that we don't really have that many friends here...LOL. Plus I wasn't sure if I was even going to be around for his birthday due to the interviews I was having in AZ. So we kind of did a low key 30th celebration. I planned to take him to Chima, a brand new restaurant in Uptown. Chima is a Brazilian steakhouse, you know the ones where they walk around with the big skewers of meat. It was really amazing food, but I ate more than I think I have eaten in a few years combined. It was definitely an experience, but I was slightly nauseous when it was all said and done.

Since I didn't spend lots of money on a party, I surprised Lee with a trip to San Diego to go to Comic-Con. I know, please contain your laughter. for those that know my husband, you are surely aware of his Garbage Pail Kid obsession. I think 95%of the worlds Garbage Pail Kids are housed in my 900 square foot condo (can you sense my excitement about this?). We've got cards, boxes, sets, posters, pins, art, wacky packs and even a full set (or two) of cheap toys! Anyway, Lee has always wanted to go to Comic-Com, but I spent years convincing myself it was a phase he would grow out of. Fast forward 7 years and he were are...a 30th birthday spent at Comic-Con...guess it's not a phase. So anyway, happy birthday Lee. I am so glad you were born 30 long years ago.

1 comment:

Shalice said...

Brandon just found some garbage pail kids that I am sure are worth lots of money:) :) :)